PEP™ CLEANING: POLYMER REMOVAL WITH ZERO MANNED ENTRY
The USA DeBusk Polymer Extraction Process (PEP™) is a highly effective chemical cleaning specialty that removes polymer fouling in chemical plant vessels and piping. It is effective with a wide range of molecular weight polymers and waxes found in ethylene and polymer production process equipment. Typical applications include heat exchangers, pipelines, reactors, reboilers, separators, scrubber columns, knock out drums and polymer extruder equipment.
PEP service cleans more thoroughly than mechanical methods, assuring longer process run times, improved efficiency and longer intervals between cleanings.
PEP service is performed by chemical circulation, with zero manned entry and no disassembly of process equipment. If suitable inlet and outlet connections are available, some projects can be completed while the process remains on line.
- Eliminates manned entry
- Non-toxic chemistry protects personnel and the environment
- Returns process equipment to service up to 60% faster than conventional cleaning
- Predictable results
- Lower total costs
- No disassembly or reassembly of process equipment required
- Does not harm metallurgy
- Eliminates risks of damage to interior surfaces, coils, agitators, and other equipment
- Does not generate significant waste
- Recovers chemical and polymer material for recycling
- Cleans more thoroughly than mechanical methods
PEP service occupies a small footprint and requires minimal customer support. PEP service also minimizes the time on site, returning your process equipment to service up to 60% faster than conventional cleaning.
The key to PEP service is PlastEx™, a proprietary chemical cleaning agent used in the circulation process. It dissolves polymer deposits uniformly, without dislodging large pieces that can plug flow paths downstream. It has a high boiling point and low vapor pressure to react quickly and thoroughly with polymer deposits.
- OSHA classified as non-hazardous and non-carcinogenic; FDA-compliant for food packaging
- Not regulated by the DOT for air, land or water
- No special PPE required at ambient conditions
- Readily biodegradable and non-toxic to aquatic organisms
- Liquid effluent is minimal, requires no special handling and is suitable for disposal in plant wastewater treatment systems
- Generates minimal odors
- Safe to use, with a high flash (210°F, 99°C)